11 Encouraging Words For Kids Before the First Day of School
The first day of school can be nerve-racking for everyone in the family. Kids are worried about being in a new place if they’ve never attended school before, and older kids might be nervous about making friends. Parents often feel their children’s feelings too, so back-to-school season can be an emotional time for everybody.
Whether you’re sending your child off to kindergarten for the first time (aww!) or helping your child pick out a first-day outfit, it’s a good time to stop and offer some encouraging words for kids as they head to the classroom.
Here are 11 ideas for positive first day of school messages to share with kids to help empower and inspire them for the year ahead:
- Believe in yourself.
- You can do anything you put your mind to.
- What you think matters.
- You have a kind soul.
- Be the friend you have always wanted.
- Make good choices.
- It’s OK to feel a little scared.
- You can make a difference in the world.
- Today is going to be a great day.
- “Nothing is particularly hard if you break it down into small jobs.” —Henry Ford
- “Promise me you’ll always remember: You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” —A.A. Milne
One of the founding principles of Highlights is that we believe in helping kids become their best selves: Curious, Creative, Caring and Confident. That's why we keep up with the interests of kids today, while upholding time-honored values like respect, manners, fair play, kindness, honesty and more. Subscribe today!