10 Funny Parenting Quotes for Overwhelmed Parents
Let’s be honest: Parenting isn’t all sweet birth announcements and adorable family photos. Being a parent means being there for those messy moments in between — like midnight bed wetting, toddler meltdowns and pre-teen attitudes.
While some days may feel never-ending, it’s good to remember all parents have felt overwhelmed at one point or another. Whether you find yourself in the throes of another epic tantrum, or you simply need to take a breather after a long day, here are 10 funny parenting quotes to make you laugh:
- “Becoming a mom to me means that you have accepted that for the next 16 years of your life, you will have a sticky purse.” —Nia Vardalos
- “If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?” —Milton Berle
- "Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing up is like shoveling the sidewalk before it stops snowing." —Phyllis Diller
- “Having children is like living in a frat house — nobody sleeps, everything’s broken, and there’s a lot of throwing up.” —Ray Romano
- “Raising kids is part joy and part guerrilla warfare.” —Ed Asner
Parenting isn’t all sweet birth announcements and adorable family photos. Being a parent means being there for those messy moments in-between.
- “Sleep at this point is just a concept, something I’m looking forward to investigating in the future.” —Amy Poehler
- “Side effect of ‘Go, Dog, Go,’ the best book ever: Your son WILL tell total strangers on the bus that he does not like their hat.” —Lin-Manuel Miranda
- “The majority of my diet is made up of foods my kid didn’t finish.” —Carrie Underwood
- “I feel very blessed to have two wonderful, healthy children who keep me completely grounded, sane and throw up on my shoes just before I go to an awards show just so I know to keep it real.” —Reese Witherspoon
- “Like all parents, my husband and I just do the best we can, and hold our breath, and hope we’ve set aside enough money to pay for our kids’ therapy.” —Michelle Pfeiffer
Our award-winning magazines for kids deliver a monthly dose of encouragement, keeping kids of every age inspired and challenged. Children’s magazines are great for helping them learn and grow, and kids magazines from Highlights are there for you.