10 Funny Parenting Quotes for Overwhelmed Parents
Let’s be honest: Parenting isn’t all sweet birth announcements and adorable family photos. Being a parent means being there for those messy moments in between — like midnight bed wetting, toddler meltdowns and pre-teen attitudes.
While some days may feel never-ending, it’s good to remember all parents have felt overwhelmed at one point or another. Whether you find yourself in the throes of another epic tantrum, or you simply need to take a breather after a long day, here are 10 funny parenting quotes to make you laugh:
- “Becoming a mom to me means that you have accepted that for the next 16 years of your life, you will have a sticky purse.” —Nia Vardalos
- “If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?” —Milton Berle
- "Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing up is like shoveling the sidewalk before it stops snowing." —Phyllis Diller
- “Having children is like living in a frat house — nobody sleeps, everything’s broken, and there’s a lot of throwing up.” —Ray Romano
- “Raising kids is part joy and part guerrilla warfare.” —Ed Asner
Parenting isn’t all sweet birth announcements and adorable family photos. Being a parent means being there for those messy moments in-between.
- “Sleep at this point is just a concept, something I’m looking forward to investigating in the future.” —Amy Poehler
- “Side effect of ‘Go, Dog, Go,’ the best book ever: Your son WILL tell total strangers on the bus that he does not like their hat.” —Lin-Manuel Miranda
- “The majority of my diet is made up of foods my kid didn’t finish.” —Carrie Underwood
- “I feel very blessed to have two wonderful, healthy children who keep me completely grounded, sane and throw up on my shoes just before I go to an awards show just so I know to keep it real.” —Reese Witherspoon
- “Like all parents, my husband and I just do the best we can, and hold our breath, and hope we’ve set aside enough money to pay for our kids’ therapy.” —Michelle Pfeiffer