7 Inspiring Motherhood Quotes for New Moms
Between the sweet baby smell and the sound of your little one cooing with delight, there is so much to be excited about in this new chapter — and, of course, plenty of unsolicited advice. Thankfully, there also are many inspiring mom quotes to help you feel confident and optimistic about your new role.
Sure, seasoned moms may caution about sleepless nights and blow-out diapers, but nothing compares to the feeling of becoming a parent. That feeling is so special that it’s hard to capture, but here are 7 motivating mom quotes to enjoy … even if that means saving this page to read during a late-night feeding.
- “The influence of a mother in the lives of her children is beyond calculation.” —James E. Faust
- “Motherhood was the great equalizer for me; I started to identify with everybody.” —Annie Lennox
- “The hand that rocks the cradle is the hand that rules the world.” —William Ross Wallace
- “Making a decision to have a child — it’s momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.” —Elizabeth Stone
- “Motherhood is the biggest gamble in the world. It is the glorious life force. It’s huge and scary — it’s an act of infinite optimism.” —Gilda Radner
- “The fastest way to break the cycle of perfectionism and become a fearless mother is to give up the idea of doing it perfectly — indeed to embrace uncertainty and imperfection.” —Arianna Huffington
- “Motherhood is a choice you make every day, to put someone else’s happiness and well-being ahead of your own, to teach the hard lessons, to do the right thing even when you’re not sure what the right thing is … and to forgive yourself, over and over again, for doing everything wrong.” —Donna Ball
Want more parenting advice from trusted experts? The Dear Highlights podcast addresses the issues around being a kid today and offers parents expert advice to help raise their children to be their best selves. Tune in wherever you listen to your favorite podcasts! We launch a new episode every Tuesday morning.